Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time 1-3 Workdays
- Order number: 1381068
Seas L16RN-SL H1480-08 is a 5” High Fidelity woofer with an injection moulded metal chassis, specially designed in cooperation with Linkwitz Labs in Corte Medera, California. It is specified for use in the Linkwitz "Pluto" omni-directional loudspeaker, but can also be used in standard bass reflex and transmission line designs.
Stiff, yet light aluminum cone and low loss rubber surround show no sign of the familiar 500-1500 Hz cone edge resonance and distortion assosiated with soft cones.
A bumped back plate in the magnet system, together with the very long and light weight copper clad aluminum voice coil, allow extreme coil excursion with low distortion.
A heavy copper ring below the T-shaped pole piece reduces non linear and modulation distortion.
Extremely stiff and stable injection moulded metal basket, keeps the critical components in perfect alignment. Large windows in the basket both above and below the spider reduce sound reflection, air flow noise and cavity resonance to a minimum.
This driver uses Seas SpiderRing® technology.
- power handling (continuous/programme) = 80/250 W
- frequency range = 45-2000 Hz
- resonance frequency fs = 37 Hz
- impedance R = 8 Ohm
- sound pressure level SPL = 84 dB (2,83V; 1m)
- DC resistance Re = 6 Ohm
- force factor BL = 6,1 N/A
- voice coil inductance L = 0,64 mH
- effective piston radiating area Sd = 104 cm2
- effective mechanical mass incl. air load mms = 14,7 g
- equivalent volume of compliance Vas = 19 l
- total Q factor Qts = 0,45 (Qms=2,48, Qes=0,55)
- voice coil diameter = 39 mm
- maximum peak linear excursion vibration xlin = +/- 6 mm
- mounting diameter d = 126 mm
- overall diameter d = 146 mm
- mounting depth (not countersunk) t = 65,5 mm