Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time approx. 5 working days
- Order number: frugalhorn-cabs
Frugalhorn MK3 Cabinet
The Frugel-Horn Mk3 (the name is a cross between flugelhorn & frugal) is a redesign of the original Frugel-Horn with goals of simpler, smoother, more versatile, a bit taller... all have been met, and driver versatility has proven to exceed hopes.
A recent review of a commercial FH3 build/system.
The 1st build was a prototype shown at the August 2010 VI diyFEST (4 years after the original with debuted at VI diyFEST 2006). These had removable baffles and worked with FE126En, CHR-70, EL70, and Alpair7.
Since then 100s of pairs have been made, and they have met with critical acclaim. Even prompting it being called a "timeless classic".
A number of other drivers have proven to work, Fostex FE127e, FF125wk, FE138eSR*, Mark Audio Alpair 7.3, Tang Band W5-1611, and a number of mid-woofers, with more expected to be fitted. Fine tuning is done with damping placement & density, room placement, Drivers like FE126En can benefit from a corner, drivers like Alpair 7.x or CSS EL70 have more latitude, and in many cases will need to have the LF levels reduced.
Price is for one pre-assembled* and sanded cabinet for the Frugalhorn MK3 Alpair A7
- Made from high grade furniture birchplywood
- The cabinet can be prepared on request for almost every driver you specify
- Pre-assembled and sanded, you only need to finish them as you like, paint or fineer, even clear coat.
* We do not ship flatpacks anymore due to excessive damages during transport we had in de past.