Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: tw022wa04
TW022WA04 is a compact 22 mm neodymium tweeter for applications where small size is important, while still requiring the highest level of performance
The best of two worlds?
The design with 22 mm voice coil and wide surround caters for both applications that would normally require traditional ¾” tweeters and those, where 1” tweeters would usually be used.
Featured with a rear chamber these compact tweeters offer very low resonance frequency.
In order to keep distortion and resonance frequency low the TW022WA04 is designed around an external neodymium ring magnet in order to allow for a larger internal volume than that of traditional neodymium tweeters.
There is a version of TW022WA04 without face plate available for manufacturers, for building the unit directly into the cabinet baffle. The part number of this version is TW022WA03 and the electrical/acoustical specifications are identical to that of TW022WA04. Please contact us for more information.
- 22 mm design for optimal compromise between on- and off-axis frequency response, resonance frequency, and power handling
- Rear chamber for low resonance frequency and reduced distortion
- Outside ring neodymium magnet for lower resonance frequency and distortion
Precision-coated textile diaphragm for improved consistency and high-frequency extension
- Optimized dome shape for ultra high frequency cutoff
- Vented voice coil former for reduced distortion and compression
- Copper-clad aluminium voice coil wire offering lower moving mass for improved efficiency and transient response
- Build-in cavities under dome/edge to equalize pressure for lower distortion and lower resonance frequency
- Flexible lead wires for higher power handling and larger excursion
- Gold plated terminals to prevent oxidation and ensure long-term reliable connection
- Delivered with foam gasket attached for hassle-free mounting and secure cabinet sealing
- frequency range = 2000-30000 Hz
- resonance frequency fs = 825 Hz
- impedance R = 4 Ohm
- sound pressure level SPL = 89,5 dB (2,83V; 1m)
- DC resistance Re = 3,6 Ohm
- force factor BL = 1,6 N/A
- voice coil inductance L = 0,04 mH
- effective piston radiating area Sd = 6,1 cm2
- effective mechanical mass incl. air load mms = 0,26 g
- equivalent volume of compliance Vas = 0,0076 l
- total Q factor Qts = 0,81 (Qms=1,4, Qes=1,9)
- voice coil diameter = 22 mm
- maximum peak linear excursion vibration xlin = +/- 0,45 mm
- mounting diameter d = 44 mm
- overall diameter d = 65 mm
- mounting depth (not countersunk) t = 30,2 mm