Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time approx. 5 working days
- Order number: alpair12pw-g1
The Alpair 12PW is a audiophile grade paper and glass strand re-enforced coned bass-mid driver. Along with its Full-Range sisters drivers, 6P,10P and 12P, the Alpair 12PW is designed for the Serious music listener. The 12PW’s relatively flat response is designed to deliver a neutral sound. The mid-high range gradually falls away above 10kHz.
The development of this driver follows its Full-Range sister unit, the Alpair 12P. Both drivers are Semi-Free-To-Air designs, relying solely on their rear suspensions for mechanical operation. The Alpair 12PW has a re-enforced rear suspension and a new coil to enable handling of typical audiophile low frequency loads (not constant low frequency loads).
The 12PW has a long mechanical throw, limited by its Arrestor to 8.5mm (1 way). This driver is a low-mass design, its power-train has a moving mass of 11.7 grams yet delivers a Vas of 45 litres with a total Q of 0.39, making it ideal for larger scale purist box designs.
An all-new computer controlled bonding process is deployed on this driver, delivering ultra tight tolerances in critical parts of the 12PW’s power-train assembly.
The 12PW is primarily designed to be partnered with the Alpair 7P yet will also be a excellent partner for many tweeters. The marriage between 7P and 12PW promises much in the way of deep rich bass and fine mid-high range detail.
- power handling (continuous/programme) = 40 W
- frequency range = 30-18000 Hz
- resonance frequency fs = 38,4 Hz
- impedance R = 8 Ohm
- sound pressure level SPL = 88,6 dB (2,83V; 1m)
- DC resistance Re = 5,4 Ohm
- force factor BL = 5,31 N/A
- voice coil inductance L = 0,049 mH
- effective piston radiating area Sd = 147,4 cm2
- effective mechanical mass incl. air load mms = 11,7 g
- equivalent volume of compliance Vas = 45,3 l
- total Q factor Qts = 0,39 (Qms=1,44, Qes=0,54)
- maximum peak linear excursion vibration xlin = +/- 8,5 mm
- mounting diameter d = 168 mm
- overall diameter d = 207 mm
- mounting depth (not countersunk) t = 96,3 mm