Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: ma-alpair7a-g3-gold
The Alpair 7 Gen. 3 represents a large step forward in the design and production of “extended” fullrange audio drivers. In its size class, this Alpair 7 currently delivers the widest frequency range*. The usable range now extents to 32-kHz above 80dB, that's higher than many tweeters!
This Alpair 7 has an advanced damping systems such that it delivers a “near flat” response cross its range. The 7 employs a rear ring-clamped suspension system and a new torque loaded rear suspension (spider). Both these components add pre-tension to the power-train. The result is improved linearity and damping on the moving components.
The rear magnet cover can be removed. The covers magnetic attraction keeps it attached to the main driver body. Simply pull away from the driver. Removal help those box makers who design shallow cabinets or wish to optimise internal box volumes. The performance change with the cover removed is small, so the installation choices for the end user is optimal. The frame's front cover is also made removable. While we recommend its use, the frame's diameter is minimised to 130-mm, helping box those who want to make slimmer box designs.
The acoustic performance of this driver is solidly placed in the “purist-audiophile” category. Its cone and power-train are the most micro-resonance sensitive made by Markaudio to date. With the rear and front covers attached, the driver has a SPL of near 86dB while retaining an X-max of +4-mm available for peak non-rhythmic bass loads. In a optimised box design, the system can be made capable of operating from 40-Hz to 32-kHz, possibly a unique performance for a simple cone driver in its size and class. The off axis responses and central stereo image emitted from this Alpair 7 are possibly best in class. Its cone profile and under-hung front suspension allow for a clean wide acoustic image making it easier to optimise box positioning in most listening environments.
The Alpair 7 Gen. 3 is near unique (if not totally unique). Its range, near flat response and special design features set it apart from other full-range driver of similar size.
- power handling (continuous/programme) = 20 W
- frequency range = 55-28000 Hz
- resonance frequency fs = 70,9 Hz
- impedance R = 6 Ohm
- sound pressure level SPL = 85,8 dB (2,83V; 1m)
- DC resistance Re = 5,4 Ohm
- force factor BL = 3,83 N/A
- voice coil inductance L = 0,021 mH
- effective piston radiating area Sd = 50,2 cm2
- effective mechanical mass incl. air load mms = 3,95 g
- equivalent volume of compliance Vas = 4,58 l
- total Q factor Qts = 0,54 (Qms=3,07, Qes=0,65)
- voice coil diameter = 20 mm
- maximum peak linear excursion vibration xlin = +/- 4,2 mm
- mounting diameter d = 103 mm
- overall diameter d = 135 mm
- mounting depth (not countersunk) t = 58,6 mm
Price is for one pair