Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time approx. 5 working days
- Order number: scamo15
- impedance: 8 Ohm
- sensivity (2,83V/1m): 85 dB
- size (HxWxD): 360 x 180 x 270 mm
- frequency range (-8dB): 48 - 40000 Hz
- crossover frequency(s): 2000 Hz
- speaker type: bass reflex
ScaMo 15 is a monitor with scan speak chassis. The woofer is a Scan Speak driver of the Discovery series.
Bernd Timmermanns used a simple housing for ScaMo 15 which is easy to rebuild. The crossover consists of a second-order high-pass filter and a second-order low-pass filter. A resistor in series to the tweeter adjusts the level of the tweeter to the level of the woofer. A resistor divider was not chosen because the tweeters 4 Ohms impedance should be adapted to 8 Ohms.
In Parallel to the resistor a small capacitor is used, which raises the highest frequencies, so that the speaker reaches almost 40 000 Hz in frequency response.
The frequency response of the speaker-system is very flat; the decay spectrum is excellent and the non-linear distortions remain almost consistently below 0.3% at 90 dB SPL. These are excellent characteristics.
Our kit consists of
- ScanSpeak ring radiator R2604/832000
- ScanSpeak Woofer/midrange 15W-8434G00
- Crossover parts
- 0,5x Damping fleece MT Bondum 800 (30 x 50 x 2 cm)
- PE sealing tape, 5x2 mm
- 2x bass reflex tube HP50, 50x143mm, black
- 0.5x Damping Sonofil 100 x 35 cm for 20 litres
- Binding Post PK31, gold plated (one pair, red and black)
- 2m Speaker cable 2x1.5 mm2, transparent
- Pan screws 4x20 black, 12 pieces
- Plan for DIY kit